Team Fortress 2 Update Released
December 21, 2016 - TF2 Team
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Happy Smissmas 2016!
- All players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Stuffed Stocking as a gift! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.
- Added the limited-time key-less Winter 2016 Cosmetic Case to the Mann Co. Store
- Contains 17 new community-contributed items
- The Festivizer can be found as a bonus drop when opening the case
- Added 3 new taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- The Scotsmann's Stagger (community-contributed)
- The Didgeridrongo (community-contributed)
- The Table Tantrum (Valve)
- New weapons for the Festivizer!
- Fire Axe, The Jag, The Kritzkrieg, Pistol, The Quick-Fix, Natascha, The Sandman, The Spy-cicle, Kukri, Shovel and The Scottish Resistance
- Mann Co. Store winter sale!
- Look for 20%-75% off selected unlocked cosmetic crates, taunts, and tools in the Mann Co. Store through January 11th, 2017
- Matchmaking Improvements
- At the end of a Casual match, players are automatically formed into a new match with the same players and teams
- Players get to vote on which map the new match will take place on
- There are 3 maps to vote on, chosen based on the maps everyone in the match had selected when they began searching for a match. The current map is always the first option.
- This replaces the Rematch system
- Players can now set their maximum acceptable ping by clicking the new gear icon in the top right of the Casual and Competitive matchmaking lobby screens and choosing "Ping Settings"
- New autobalance system to help with balancing teams when players leave a match. The system will ask players to volunteer to switch teams.
- Automatically enabled for all Casual match servers
- Players who switch will be able to earn bonus XP as a reward
- Community servers can enable this new feature by using "mp_autoteambalance 2"
- Fixed security issue reported by Justin G. (sigsegv) and Linus S. (PistonMiner)
- Fixed not clearing the teleport condition for players who have their teleport interrupted before the teleport is complete
- Fixed PASS Time exploit related to bonus points
- Updated mat_monitorgamma so it can be adjusted in Competitive mode
- Fixed the ShouldPreserveSquad flag not being parsed correctly in Mann vs. Machine mode
- Fixed a bug related to bot Engineers and teleporters in Mann vs. Machine mode
- Fixed not being able to transfer Strange stats between versions of Jarate and the Sapper
- Fixed incorrect particle position for Unusual taunt effects when using the Racho Relaxo
- Added the ESA Rewind tournament medals
- Added the Winter Wonderland 2016 community medals
- Updated the Dalokohs Bar to fix a bug related to the health buff
- The Competitive maps list has been updated
- Added cp_granary and cp_badlands
- Disabled cp_snakewater and cp_foundry
- Updated cp_metalworks to fix a texture problem
- Updated pd_watergate
- Respawn times will now change depending on which team is in the lead: 8 seconds to leading team, 4 seconds to trailing team
- Moved the current beer amount to the center of the HUD
- Added a jump to low spawn route to give respawned players something to do en-route to mid
- Added a light to illuminate roof-snipers better
- Adjusted some clipping