Team Fortress 2 Update Released
December 3, 2020 - TF2 Team
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
Happy Smissmas 2020!
- All players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Stuffed Stocking as a gift! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.
- Featuring 4 new community maps: Pier, Snowfall, SnowVille, and Wutville
- Added the Winter 2020 Cosmetic Case
- Contains 20 new community-contributed items
- The Festivizer can be found as a bonus drop when opening the case
- Added the Winter 2020 War Paint Case
- Contains 13 new community-created War Paints that make-up the Winter 2020 Collection
- Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
- Added 8 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
- Taunt: The Pooped Deck
- Taunt: Time Out Therapy
- Taunt: Rocket Jockey
- Taunt: The Boston Boarder
- Taunt: Scorcher's Solo
- Taunt: Texas Truckin'
- Taunt: Spin-to-Win
- Taunt: The Fist Bump
- Added 19 new community-created Unusual effects
- 12 new effects for Unusual hats
- 7 new effects for Unusual taunts
- All cosmetic and taunt cases will grant Smissmas 2020 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event. This does not include crates.
- Mann Co. Store winter sale!
- Smissmas runs through January 7th, 2021
- Fixed exploit where players could use "retry" in the console to reset the MvM timer and prevent the wave from starting
- Updated item schema with community fixes from Andrés S. (rabscootle)
- Updated web page with community fixes from Liam Stone (boba)
- Updated Spy invis materials with community fixes from Liam Stone (boba)
- Updated materials with community fixes from Andrés S. (rabscootle) and NeoDement to fix broken Jarate effect
- Updated/Added some tournament medals
- Updated the localization files