Team Fortress 2 Update Released
July 18, 2011 - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Team Fortress 2
- Added a music clip from Meet the Medic to the menu startup music list.
- Fixed a case where stickybombs could sometimes damage enemies on the other side of a wall.
- Updated duels to apply a short duel ban to the loser if they team switched or disconnected during the duel.
- Updated The Private Eye so it can be equipped by the Medic and Demoman.
- Updated Crafting:
- Added a new "Custom Blueprint" option to the Special blueprints
- Made these items craftable: Copper's Hard Top, Security Shades, Tam O'Shanter, Stately Steel Toe, Nessie's Nine Iron, Rogue's Col Roule, Prairie Heel Biters, and The Big Steel Jaw of Summer Fun
- Removed the redundant Smelt Primary/Secondary/Melee/Misc item blueprints.
- Updated Matchmaking:
- Added a progress bar and server count during the matchmaking search
- Added more filtering on the master server to avoid pinging non-matching servers
- Community Requests:
- Mod makers:
- Added inputs to the player:
- "SetCustomModelRotation": Parameter is a string that specifies the angle rotation (Pitch, Yaw, Roll)
- "ClearCustomModelRotation". No parameter. Will return the model rotation to following the player view yaw.
- Restarted the player's animation cycle whenever the custom model changes.
- Movie makers:
- Added "tf_clientsideeye_lookats" convar. Set it to zero to disable TF players automatic clientside pupil focusing on nearby players.